Registration will be open as of March 1st, 2022.
Early Registration: March 1 - April 15 at cost of $500
Regular Registration: April 16 - May 20 at cost of $550
*Refunds minus $40 admin fee and NO refunds after registration closes*
*no requests for scheduling changes will be considered after June 9th.
Thank you for joining us at The KEYSA Sam Steele Days Tournament!
Here are a few details you will need to know for our tournament:
*** Note for our Alberta Teams :
Alberta Tier 1 would be roughly equivalent to our Gold Division;
Alberta Tier 2 would be roughly equivalent to our Silver Division;
Alberta tier 3 & 4 would be roughly equivalent to our Bronze Division.
Most teams we host fall into the Silver and Bronze, though we will definitely have a few Gold level teams as well.
1. SCHEDULES: Division Schedules will be posted on the KEYSA website. Division schedules will also be emailed to teams.
2. ROSTERS: Some divisions may be combined due to numbers. Be sure to bring your final roster when you check-in to the tournament.
3. SHELTERS: Teams are to provide their own shelters/benches
4. RULES: Are posted on the KEYSA Website. Please review the rules with your teams, with special attention to jewelry - thanks.
5. FIRST AID: An “un-manned” First Aid station with a First Aid kit, band-aids, tensors and ice will be available for teams to use at the main tent.
MOIR Park and Purcell fields are within Kimberley/Cranbrook’s 9-1-1 boundaries for ambulance service, and the EK Regional Hospital is only minutes away. BC Ambulance service has been notified of the tournament.
6. GOVERNING BODY REGISTRATION/CHECK IN : In order to participate in this tournament, ALL players, in ALL divisions (including U19 players) MUST be registered and insured with their governing body. Player numbers will be checked against rosters at registration. Please be sure to bring your most up to date roster with you, along with player cards.
Early registration will be Friday early evening June 17th at Moir Field times TBA. Saturday registration for rep (U13- U18) will take place at Moir Park time TBA. Saturday Registration for Development (U10 - U12) will take place at Purcell fields in Kimberley TBA.
7. OVERAGE PLAYERS: From time to time teams will request and be granted special permission to include up to 2 overage players on their roster. If your team has been granted permission for overage players to join your team, you must ALWAYS abide by the rules of overage players.
-Your opposing team must be made aware of your overage players.
-No more than ONE overage players on the field at one time (unless prior permission has been granted).
-If this rule is breached, the over-age players will receive a yellow card, and if it happens more than once, they will be removed from the tournament.
-Overage players will only be eligible to play if special permission has been granted by KEYSA, and said players are included on the submitted roster.
8.Sharing of Players - Is not permitted, no exceptions. Players are to play for the team they are on a roster with. Players are only permitted to be on one roster.
9. U10-U12 RETREAT LINE: The Retreat Line is a development tool that assists with the development of players, technically and as a team, tactically. It is currently implemented within all Small-sided Under 12 and below playing environments and the following documentation provides the guidelines for implementation into the Under 13 age group playing environments throughout the BC Soccer Membership.
Here is a link to the full explanation of the Retreat Line : Retreat Line BC Soccer information
10. PLAYERS REGISTERED TEAM: No Player will be permitted to play for more than one team in the tournament.
**all games are matched to be as fair as possible. KEYSA always takes into consideration all rostered players, and levels of play, and skill to the best of our ability based on submitted information, as well as first hand experience with teams.
Thank you all so much for joining us, we are really looking forward to a fun and exciting tournament!
If you have any questions about anything please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The parking spots in the first row in front of the washrooms at Moir Park (for the Rep Tournament) will be reserved for Refs and Tournament Organizers. Thanks