Soccer is on!
Last day of house soccer will be June 22nd!!!
For Development Teams (U10-U12)
Mt. Baker Fields
Friday Evening from 4:00 - 8:00pm or
Saturday Morning from 7:30 - 11:00 am
For Rep Teams (U13- U18)
Moir Park Fields
Friday evening from 4:00 - 8:00pm or
SAturday morning from 7:30 - 11:00 am.
The Registration "Home of Cranbrook House and Kootenay Rovers REP & Development Soccer" is not currently available.
Tournament at Sam Steele
Important Information- PLEASE READ
Thank you for joining us at The KEYSA Sam Steele Days Tournament!
Here are a few details you will need to know for our tournament:
*** Note for our Alberta Teams :
Alberta Tier 1 would be roughly equivalent to our Gold Division;
Alberta Tier 2 would be roughly equivalent to our Silver Division;
Alberta tier 3 & 4 would be roughly equivalent to our Bronze Division.
Most teams we host fall into the Silver and Bronze, though we will definitely have a few Gold level teams as well.
1. SCHEDULES: Division Schedules will be posted on the KEYSA website. Division schedules will also be emailed to teams.
2. ROSTERS: Some divisions may be combined due to numbers. Be sure to bring your final roster when you check-in to the tournament.
3. SHELTERS: Teams are to provide their own shelters/benches.
4. CHECK-IN: 1 hour before your first game (with finalized roster please).
5. RULES: Are posted on the KEYSA Website. Please review the rules with your teams, with special attention to jewelry – thanks.
6. GAME SHEET CAUTION LOG: a copy of the game sheet caution log will be included in your division schedule email. Each team must fill out a sheet for each game. Teams may want to fill out a copy prior to the tournament to bring with them so they don't have to do it at the field. Each team is responsible for giving it to the ref at the start of the game. One sheet for EACH game.
7. FIRST AID: An “un-manned” First Aid station with a First Aid kit, bandaids, tensors and ice will be available for teams to use at the main tent.
MOIR Park and Mt. Baker Fields are within Cranbrook’s 9-1-1 boundaries for ambulance service, and the EK Regional Hospital is only minutes away. BC Ambulance service has been notified of the tournament.
8. GOVERNING BODY REGISTRATION/CHECK IN : In order to participate in this tournament, ALL players, in ALL divisions (including U19 players) MUST be registered and insured with their governing body. Player numbers will be checked against rosters at registration. Please be sure to bring your most up to date roster with you, along with player cards.
Early registration will be Friday early evening June 16th at Moir Field times TBA. Saturday registration for rep (U13- U18) will take place at Moir Park time TBA.. Saturday Registration for Development (U10 – U12) will take place at Mt. Baker time TBA.
9. OVERAGE PLAYERS: From time to time teams will request and be granted special permission to include up to 2 overage players on their roster. If your team has been granted permission for overage players to join your team, you must ALWAYS abide by the rules of overage players.
-Your opposing team must be made aware of your overage players.
-No more than ONE overage players on the field at one time (unless prior permission has been granted).
-If this rule is breached, the over-age players will receive a yellow card, and if it happens more than once, they will be removed from the tournament.
-Overage players will only be eligible to play if special permission has been granted by KEYSA, and said players are included on the submitted roster.
10. U10-U12 NEW RULES FOR RETREAT LINE: The Retreat Line is a development tool that assists with the development of players, technically and as a team, tactically. It is currently implemented within all Small‐sided Under 12 and below playing environments and the following documentation provides the guidelines for implementation into the Under 13 age group playing environments throughout the BC Soccer Membership.
Here is a link to the full explanation of the Retreat Line :
11. PLAYERS REGISTERED TEAM: No Player will be permitted to play for more than one team in the tournament.
**all games are matched to be as fair as possible. KEYSA always takes into consideration all rostered players, and levels of play, and skill to the best of our ability based on submitted information, as well as first hand experience with teams.
***Quick side note…for teams playing at the Mt. Baker Fields. Parking on Saturday morning may be disrupted by the Sam Steele Days Parade. You can park in the Safeway parking lot (across the street) or at the Western Financial Place (at the end of the block) and walk over.
Thank you all so much for joining us, we are really looking forward to a fun and exciting tournament!
TOURNAMENT AT SAM STEELE IS ALMOST HERE! PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO FIND SCHEDULES!
To contact the board with any issues, comments, concerns or recommendations please email: email@example.com
Another Successful Weekend for KEYSA
This past weekend our rep and development teams travelled to Airdrie for a tournament. All of our teams played really well and put forth outstanding effort! A great time was had by all.
A number of our teams even brought back some impressive hardware! Our U10 Boys Team came home with a Gold medal; the U10 Girls Team won Silver; the U14 boys team won Silver and the U18 boys team also earned a Silver medal.
Way to go KEYSA Teams! Keep up the hard work!
Next up is our own KEYSA Tournament at Sam Steele next weekend. We have the U10-12 teams playing all weekend at Mt. Baker and the U13- U18 teams playing at Moir Park. Come check out some games and cheer on your hometown KEYSA Rovers!!
Hard Work Pays Off for KEYSA Rovers U18 Boys!
The KEYSA Rovers U18 boys team has been putting in many hours and lots of extra practice. Coaches have been logging seemingly endless volunteer hours, exhausting all the resources available to them. These Rovers have been working at this all season, shaping and building their team and let me tell you, all that hard work has paid off!
The team has earned a silver medal in the Kamloops Slurpee Cup Tournament and won the Gold medal in the Terry Walgreen Memorial Tournament in Nelson. They have also beat the Nelson Selects U18 team to claim the top spot and represent the East Kootenays at the upcoming Provincial games.
The entire KEYSA organization would like to congratulate you all on a job well done. Now go get ‘em at Provincials!!
KEYSA Rovers U18 Boys Win Gold In Nelson