If you know of a family or organization that would like more information to help fund this air-supported sports dome in our community, please email email@example.com.
Tournament at Sam Steele
Important Information- PLEASE READ
Thank you for joining us at The KEYSA Sam Steele Days Tournament!
Here are a few details you will need to know for our tournament:
*** Note for our Alberta Teams :
Alberta Tier 1 would be roughly equivalent to our Gold Division;
Alberta Tier 2 would be roughly equivalent to our Silver Division;
Alberta tier 3 & 4 would be roughly equivalent to our Bronze Division.
Most teams we host fall into the Silver and Bronze, though we will definitely have a few Gold level teams as well.
1. SCHEDULES: Division Schedules will be posted on the KEYSA website. Division schedules will also be emailed to teams.
2. ROSTERS: Some divisions may be combined due to numbers. Be sure to bring your final roster when you check-in to the tournament.
3. SHELTERS: Teams are to provide their own shelters/benches.
4. CHECK-IN: 1 hour before your first game (with finalized roster please).
5. RULES: Are posted on the KEYSA Website. Please review the rules with your teams, with special attention to jewelry – thanks.
6. GAME SHEET CAUTION LOG: a copy of the game sheet caution log will be included in your division schedule email. Each team must fill out a sheet for each game. Teams may want to fill out a copy prior to the tournament to bring with them so they don't have to do it at the field. Each team is responsible for giving it to the ref at the start of the game. One sheet for EACH game.
7. FIRST AID: An “un-manned” First Aid station with a First Aid kit, bandaids, tensors and ice will be available for teams to use at the main tent.
MOIR Park and Mt. Baker Fields are within Cranbrook’s 9-1-1 boundaries for ambulance service, and the EK Regional Hospital is only minutes away. BC Ambulance service has been notified of the tournament.
8. GOVERNING BODY REGISTRATION/CHECK IN : In order to participate in this tournament, ALL players, in ALL divisions (including U19 players) MUST be registered and insured with their governing body. Player numbers will be checked against rosters at registration. Please be sure to bring your most up to date roster with you, along with player cards.
Early registration will be Friday early evening June 16th at Moir Field times TBA. Saturday registration for rep (U13- U18) will take place at Moir Park time TBA.. Saturday Registration for Development (U10 – U12) will take place at Mt. Baker time TBA.
9. OVERAGE PLAYERS: From time to time teams will request and be granted special permission to include up to 2 overage players on their roster. If your team has been granted permission for overage players to join your team, you must ALWAYS abide by the rules of overage players.
-Your opposing team must be made aware of your overage players.
-No more than ONE overage players on the field at one time (unless prior permission has been granted).
-If this rule is breached, the over-age players will receive a yellow card, and if it happens more than once, they will be removed from the tournament.
-Overage players will only be eligible to play if special permission has been granted by KEYSA, and said players are included on the submitted roster.
10. U10-U12 NEW RULES FOR RETREAT LINE: The Retreat Line is a development tool that assists with the development of players, technically and as a team, tactically. It is currently implemented within all Small‐sided Under 12 and below playing environments and the following documentation provides the guidelines for implementation into the Under 13 age group playing environments throughout the BC Soccer Membership.
Here is a link to the full explanation of the Retreat Line :
11. PLAYERS REGISTERED TEAM: No Player will be permitted to play for more than one team in the tournament.
**all games are matched to be as fair as possible. KEYSA always takes into consideration all rostered players, and levels of play, and skill to the best of our ability based on submitted information, as well as first hand experience with teams.
***Quick side note…for teams playing at the Mt. Baker Fields. Parking on Saturday morning may be disrupted by the Sam Steele Days Parade. You can park in the Safeway parking lot (across the street) or at the Western Financial Place (at the end of the block) and walk over.
Thank you all so much for joining us, we are really looking forward to a fun and exciting tournament!
To contact the board with any issues, comments, concerns or recommendations please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the Registration page to register.
Help us get ready for the soccer season on April 15, 2017 at Moir Park from 11am - 1:30pm
BBQ Lunch included!
Thank you to all of our
KEYSA would like to take this opportunity to thank our most recent sponsor, TECK.
Thanks to the TECK sponsorship, our U10 girls team, U10 boys team, U12 girls team, and U13 boys team will all have brand new Jerseys ready for our upcoming season! Everyone at KEYSA appreciates this very generous donation!
Thank you so much TECK for your support, KEYSA will proudly be sporting your logo for years to come!
KEYSA has had a record of a season this year! We had record number of kids registered and playing for KEYSA and we had a record number of teams register for the Annual Sam Steele Days Tournament. In fact, we can now boast our tournament to be the biggest in the Kootenays. Our year end round up House Tournament was also a resounding success. Everyone had a really fun time at the mini world cup, rounding out an exciting House season.
All of our teams had a lot of fun this season. They played in many tournaments across BC, Alberta, and in the US. We had many teams bring back impressive hardware; and everyone brought home some great experiences, new skills and new friends.
KEYSA was very fortunate to be able to add some new sponsors this year, EKC, and TECK. Both have been very generous and we are so grateful for their support.
We are so grateful to have so many local businesses supporting us throughout our season, and often for many years. It truly showcases the incredible generosity of our wonderful community. If you have a moment, please take a look at our sponsors page on the website to see all the amazing businesses who support KEYSA.
Now, our club would not be the club it is today without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have so many people who volunteer their time with us. These people are the ones who make it possible for KEYSA to offer so much to our community.
We are very honoured to say that we have also been nominated for a prestigious “Kootenay Game Changer” award this year! We are very excited and proud to contribute to our community, and our youth.
Thank you everyone who has helped us make this season possible! We’ll see you in 2017!
The KEYSA Tournament at Sam Steele was a resounding success! We has 83 teams competing from 10 years old to 18 years old. It was lots of fun, with lots of people!
The older teams played at Moir Park and the younger teams played at Mt. Baker, so visiting families got to see a good deal of the Sam Steele festivities. We had many comments from team members, coaches, families and officials on how great the tournament was and how much fun there was at all the events throughout the community.
We were lucky enough to host a variety of different teams, many new to our tournament this year. We had 25+ teams from Alberta, teams from Fernie, Creston, Castlegar, Trail, Nelson, Invermere, Golden, and of course our local teams. Everybody was great, everyone had lots of fun, and families were a very respectful and fun cheering section!
KEYSA would love to thank all of our volunteers and organizers; all of the local companies that contribute to our tournament; as well as all of the teams and families who made the trip out to play! Everyone plays an integral part in making this tournament so successful, and the biggest tournament in the East Kootenays!
Our sponsors to thank would include:
East Kootenay Community Credit Union; Booster Juice; Dairy Queen; McDonalds; A&W; Cranbrook Photo; Economy Vacuum Tankers; Kootenay Communications Limited; Jason Wheeldon Personal Real Estate Corp; Players Bench; Sandor Rentals; The City of Cranbrook, The Sam Steele Days Committee; and New Dawn Developments.
All teams put in so much effort, and after all the fun, the blood, sweat and the tears, here are the standings at the end of The KEYSA Tournament at Sam Steele. (See Document below)